Module Five - Project #2 Art Gallery Visit #1
"Cow" by Andy Warhol made an impression on me while there. It made an impression me, because I am a fan of pop art. The painting turned out to be very beautiful in person. I really love the pink cow overlaying the purple background.
"Sweet Dreams, Baby!" by Roy Litchenstein. The insinuation that someone was being hit by a fist and the POW!" which is usually seen in comics was very cool.
"Sweet Dreams, Baby!" by Roy Litchenstein. The insinuation that someone was being hit by a fist and the POW!" which is usually seen in comics was very cool.
I mainly felt a connection with the pop art selections. As said previously, I am a fan of pop arts in general. They are fascinating, interesting and fun to view. They are also based on things we see in our everyday lives. Pop culture icons, etc. Fore example, the Marilyn Monroe piece by Andy Warhol. It's an iconic piece and one of my favorites. I also really love the Campbell's Soup Cans. Another one of my favorites to view when visiting the Albright Knox.
C.) Which artworks would I like to know more about? Why?
I would like to know more about "Fire World" piece by Karel Appel. The painting looks really interesting, and upon first glance, I thought it appeared to be two red dragons on a canvas.
The Gustave Courbet. It looks interesting. A beautiful cave and a body of water leading into it. It seems mysterious and enchanting.
I would like to know more about "Fire World" piece by Karel Appel. The painting looks really interesting, and upon first glance, I thought it appeared to be two red dragons on a canvas.
The Gustave Courbet. It looks interesting. A beautiful cave and a body of water leading into it. It seems mysterious and enchanting.






I thought the same thing about Gustave's work! I want to know where he got his ideas from.
ReplyDelete