Module 12

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.

I chose these films because I am a fan of pop art.

2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

Abstract Expressionism and Pop: Art of the ’50s and ’60s - Talks about abstract art and how the audience and viewers of the at work use their imaginations when looking at abstract art.

 Andy Warhol: Images of an Image -  Andy Warhol took inspiration from random things he would come across in passing. He would paint things like soup cans and celebrity pop culture icons.


2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?

These artist's are discussed in the text, and they talk about abstract art and abstract expressionism.

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?

I liked the films. I enjoyed the Andy Warhol film a bit more than the other, however.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module Four - Art Making/Material Exploration #1: Exploring Value and The Subtractive Color Theory Blog:

Module 1.

Module 16 - Blog: Reflections of AED 200